Thursday, October 6

Oak Street Bootmakers

I recently picked up a pair of Trail Oxfords from Oat Street Bootmakers in Chicago. In somewhat of a recent development, I've begun to be drawn to the appeal of high quality, American made goods. Denim, leather goods, shoes. The Hill-side, Tellason, Tanner Goods. This is in part thanks to guys like Ryan over at his Simple Threads blog. I've been on the lookout for a go-to, durable pair of shoes I can wear with anything and is not a sneaker. I stumbled on Oak Street and was immediately sold. Since I received them, they've rarely left my feet (except when Boston is being Boston and the weather is gross, which, admittedly, is fairly often). They're exceedingly comfortable and the Horween leather is like butter.

I'm not going to be attempting to break in to the fashion blogosphere, but I just thought I'd share in case any of you guys are looking for a handsome, comfortable shoe that can be dressed up or down. Definitely check out Oak Street. As an added bonus, before I pulled the trigger, I had a nice, extended email conversation with the owner/cobbler himself, George Vlagos. George answers all emails personally and is the kind of person you always want to speak with at a business.

3 comments:

  1. nice ankles =p

    -jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you send George Vlagos the link to this post?? :) What great publicity and great shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,
    This is George from Oak Street! Just stumbled upon the post and wanted to say - Thank you so much for the kind words =)

    We're a tiny shop, so we can't thank you enough for your support - Enjoy your shoes!

    ReplyDelete