Thursday, July 5

4th & U

Not one for crowds of biblical proportions, I spent this 4th of July with some friends at a new rooftop bar on U St. (the Brixton). It's a British bar and, nursing a German beer, the irony was not lost on me. Nevertheless, we had a clear view of the fireworks. It was an enjoyable evening and a welcome mid-week diversion. It's just unfortunate that tomorrow is a work day.

AMERICA. FUCK YEAH.

In other news, after weeks of compulsively scouring travel sites for a good deal on a flight, I'm going to Japan from September 7-17th. It's something I've been wanting to do for a long time. My tentative itinerary is to spend the first few days in Tokyo, then a day or so in Kyoto, maybe do the Magome-Tsumago hike, then to Fukuoka-Hakata for ramen. Fukuoka is pretty far west from Tokyo and, despite the travel time involved, I don't think I can be in Japan and NOT go there to eat the best ramen in the world.

It's amazing how having something to look forward to can make work less tedious.

1 comment:

  1. Niceee.
    HMM maybe i can be in japan for one weekend and join you for the "best ramen in the world." We shall see...

    ReplyDelete