Friday, September 7

Japan: A Prelude

I'm Japan-bound in about 9 hours. It's been something I've wanted to do for a while, so I'm glad of the chance. To set the mood, I picked up "Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman", a collection of Murakami short stories. I doubt it'll have the same resonance as rereading "The Sun Also Rises" in Spain had, considering Murakami's penchant for magical realism and talking spirit cats, but it should help get my mind in the right place. I also bought a fresh Moleskine to chronicle my days there.

Japan Chronicles

A dilemma I face when planning trips are the contrary urges to plan as thoroughly and efficiently as possible and also to be able to wander and take things as they come. I already feel like I'm going to miss a lot of things, but that's unavoidable no matter how well I plan. Either way, I'm sure I'll see and eat a lot of awesome things.

I'm attempting to stay up tonight so that I can just pass out on the flight, but I'm beginning to get a little delirious. I may succumb to a few hours of sleep, but for those that follow me on any social networks, I will probably be spamming you all with daily pictures of bowls of ramen. Be forewarned.

I'll be back Monday the 17th. Direct any urgent souvenir requests to my gmail.

No comments:

Post a Comment