Saturday, October 16

Corey Hill

I was going to go to the Arnold Arboretum today, but the forecast was calling for rain. As it turned out, today was a sunny and pleasant, albeit windy, Autumn day. Having already resigned to spending the day indoors doing homework and maybe studying for my midterms, I instead took a break and walked to Corey Hill Park. Corey Hill is a park at the top of a large hill about a mile from my apartment. You have to walk up Summit Avenue to get to the top of the hill and it's a bit of a hike. I don't envy the people that have to make that trip everyday.

Corey Hill

It's a charming little park. The views weren't as spectacular as I was led to believe, but it was nice. There was a lot of nice light filtering through the changing leaves.

On another note, the past week has seen several late homework filled nights. With a couple more assignments coming up and midterms next week, I have, and will continue to, consumed an exorbitant amount of snack food (Trader Joe's Cats Cookies are crack). It's a little interesting to note how foreign doing homework felt at first and how quickly and naturally I fell back into a pattern of procrastination. It's not been too bad though and hopefully my first tests since May 2007 won't be either. YAY, SCHOOL.

(Definitely went a little bokeh crazy here.)

4 comments:

  1. I miss deciduous trees. Palm trees just don't compare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop making me want to go to boston RIGHT NOW. Loving the pictures- I don't know much, but i think you're getting better at this photog thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea i was going to comment about the bokeh haha - nice pictures though. i wish we got better fall foliage here in the pacific northwest

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy bokehhhh. good old f1.4 :D

    ReplyDelete