Saturday, May 14

Eye Of The Storm

I mentioned in the previous post that I'm done with my finals, but still have a comprehensive exam (a test that covers all the core econ material for the year and is a requirement for graduation) left. That's over a week away, so I'm doing my best not to think about it for a few days. A classmate had a big BBQ today at his gigantic house, dubbed "The Manor," a little out from BU. It's an old, stately looking house that creaks and has bats living in the walls, but the backyard is perfect for BBQs. The weather wasn't the best, but it was still a nice way to take our minds off of things.



My classmate and his roommates prepared the general BBQ fare (burgers, brats, ribs, and steak), but also somehow managed to ship 60 lbs. of live crawfish overnight from New Orleans. The afternoon became a swarm of people hovering over a table piled high with steaming crawfish, sucking the innards out of the diminutive crustaceans while their remains littered the floor around our feet.



It was a relaxing day. It'll be a few days yet before I venture back to the library, so until then I'll be catching up on sleep and doing absolutely nothing, while trying not to compulsively check for grades online.

No comments:

Post a Comment